Six Paths - original video analysis
I gained a lot of inspiration from the original music video directed by LX. The project is called the Six Paths EP which suggests it will be tackling the topic of choices and this is affirmed in the first track with a hook that ponders on what could have been
"Man took so many different risks on so many different days. When I got have been rich, I could have been dead, I could of have been locked in the cage”.
He uses a church for the location, which we tried to recreate by using abandoned buildings as the character needs to be alone and think about what choices they are going to make in life. This place may be a metaphor for the mind, and Dave's thinking place. He is alone in the video with the exception of AJ Tracey who Dave references in the song. We emulated this only shooting one person in the video. Unfortunately we couldn't get AJ Tracey to feature in our music video.
LX decided to use a Black and White effect in his video which gives a video the feeling of elegance but simplicity, which may help the watcher focus on the meaning of the song. However, he does use some colour on things such as flowers to make them stand out. I used the idea of reducing the colour in the video by desaturating it, I felt that there were colours in our video that were effective and added to our video such as the graffiti that we shot in front of. However I wanted to have a gritty feel and this was achieved by doing this. We also shot on a misty day which added to the mysterious location.
LX is a master of editing and it is evident in all of his videos. he uses extremely quick black cuts in time with the beat I think this makes the video look wavey.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuV_cyckCqY
"Man took so many different risks on so many different days. When I got have been rich, I could have been dead, I could of have been locked in the cage”.
He uses a church for the location, which we tried to recreate by using abandoned buildings as the character needs to be alone and think about what choices they are going to make in life. This place may be a metaphor for the mind, and Dave's thinking place. He is alone in the video with the exception of AJ Tracey who Dave references in the song. We emulated this only shooting one person in the video. Unfortunately we couldn't get AJ Tracey to feature in our music video.
LX decided to use a Black and White effect in his video which gives a video the feeling of elegance but simplicity, which may help the watcher focus on the meaning of the song. However, he does use some colour on things such as flowers to make them stand out. I used the idea of reducing the colour in the video by desaturating it, I felt that there were colours in our video that were effective and added to our video such as the graffiti that we shot in front of. However I wanted to have a gritty feel and this was achieved by doing this. We also shot on a misty day which added to the mysterious location.
LX is a master of editing and it is evident in all of his videos. he uses extremely quick black cuts in time with the beat I think this makes the video look wavey.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuV_cyckCqY

Comments
Post a Comment